Hi there! My name is Michael, and I am an Instructional Designer from Australia.
I have over 18-years experience in the training sector. I have helped people learn in hospitals and airlines to wind farms and coal mines.
I am a qualified graphic designer and instructional designer and have had formal training and experience in project management, photography, workplace training and content creation.
“Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one” – Voltaire
Voltaire was onto something here. I mean, who can claim to know everything? I’m always learning new things, sometimes by mistake, sometimes by curiosity. And I’m OK with that. I don’t need to have all the answers. I just need to have the right questions.
Skills and knowledge.
- Adult learning methodologies and frameworks (e.g. SAM, ADDIE, Action mapping, Backwards design).
- Training needs analysis, story-boards and action mapping.
- Design software (Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, WordPress).
- E-learning software (Articulate Storyline 360, Rise and H5P).
- Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Ed App and Canvas).